Andrew Zuppa, formally of American Furniture Warehouse — 2008 Furniture/Today Leadership Conference
Speaker profile — former corporate general manager and marketing director
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, December 5, 2008
Andrew Zuppa was corporate general manager and marketing director of American Furniture Warehouse, one of the top 30 furniture retailers in the U.S. and one of the leading privately held businesses in Colorado. The company currently has twelve retail locations and is continuing to expand throughout the state.
Zuppa recently left the company to pursue other interests.
Zuppa has been in the home furnishings industry for over seventeen years, serving in various sales and management positions, including store management, marketing and distribution. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree as well as a MBA.
As corporate general manager, he was responsible for the day-to-day management of the company, which produces $350 million in annual revenue and employs 1,600 people throughout Colorado.
In 2004 Andrew launched AFW's re-designed e-commerce site that now gets more than 500,000 "hits" per month and generates $4 million in direct revenue.
In 2007 Andrew founded, along with AFW's Jake Jabs, Discount Furniture Network (DFN). DFN is an online network of retailers, suppliers and trucking companies that provide a one-stop solution for online furniture.
Today, DFN supports over 50 different furniture websites offering nearly 40,000 products from hundreds of manufacturers.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...