Duralee debuts classic florals from archives of Cyrus Clark
By Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, January 9, 2005
High Point — Duralee Fabrics has signed an agreement with Rus Clark for the exclusive rights to the archives of Cyrus Clark Inc. and is launching the first collection at Showtime here this week.
"We've always admired the line. In its heyday it filled a great niche for traditional florals better than anyone else," said Lee Silberman, senior vice president of Duralee.
At Showtime, the company is introducing 10 of the classic Cyrus Clark designs, some dating back to the 1920s. "It's a unique opportunity to offer timeless design and, like any classic, you can't do it better than the original," Silberman said.
The first collection is 10 prints, nine on cotton chintz and one of the mainstay base cloths of the originals. "We plan to bring out more every other season," said Greg Lawrence, design director, prints. The first collection is "the golden oldies." Prices range from $7.15 to $7.95.
The collection will be marketed under both the Duralee and Suburban Fabrics brands.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...