Ohio retailer, industry leader Nils Gustavson dies at 75
May 15, 2013,
LANCASTER, Ohio — Nils Gustavson, president of retailer Colonial Heights Furniture here and a longtime industry leader, has died at 75.
He was a native of Sweden who immigrated to the United States and eventually to Lancaster, where he met Kay Vance Gustavson, who would become his wife of 52 years.
Gustavson also held leadership positions in a number of local civic, business and charitable organizations.
In addition to his wife, survivors include a daughter, a son, four grandchildren, a sister and a number of extended family members. His son, David Gustavson, continues to run Colonial Heights Furniture.
Memorial contributions may be made to Fairfield County Foundation, PO Box 159, Lancaster, Ohio 43130.
Most Viewed Articles
- Consumer Reports evaluates sofas
- Top 25 furniture manufacturers
- Industry weighs in on Amazon furniture stores
- Are Amazon furniture stores coming?
- Consumer Reports ranks top sofas
- Vaselli launches online mattress company
- American Home Furnishings Hall of Fame Foundati...
- Rent-A-Center pushes back against activist shar...