Seven new Deans of IHFRA to be honored at market
March 28, 2013,
HIGH POINT — Six current and former sales representatives and a designer will receive the International Home Furnishings Representatives Assn.'s 2013 Charles B. Costar Dean of IHFRA Awards next month.
The awards will be presented at the 79th annual IHFRA Presidential Gala on April 19, the eve of the spring High Point Market.
This year's honorees are:
• Pat Lee, a 44-year industry veteran and a member of the Virginia/Carolinas Chapter of IHFRA and High Point's Piedmont Furniture Club. He has represented Braxton Culler Inc. and Universal Furniture Inds.
• Gary Silverman, a 39-year member of IHFRA and a member and officer of the Home Furnishings Representatives of Michigan chapter. He has been with Coaster for the past 11 years and represents other lines as well. Previously he was with PeopLoungers for 18 years and was vice president of sales for 10 of those years.
• The late Harry Bassett, who worked in the home furnishings industry for almost 40 years and was a sales rep for Magnussen Home Furnishings, Simon Li, and Jackson/Catnapper Furniture. He was an active member of the North Central Chapter of IHFRA before is recent death from pancreatic cancer. His sons, Christopher and Bryan, are in the furniture industry and will accept the award in their father's memory.
• Rick Aaronson, a member of the Greater Metropolitan Furniture Assn. and former president of GMFA predecessor organization the Metropolitan Furnishings Assn. He and his partners, Tony Bellarosa and Chris Clarizio, cover metro New York, New Jersey, southern Connecticut and the Hudson Valley for Klaussner Furniture. Aaronson started his furniture career at Eclipse Sleep Products, was regional sales manager for National Mattress Co., and was vice president of sales and marketing for Deville Furniture.
• David Marcus, a veteran sales professional and vice president of the Midwest Chapter of IHFRA. He was president of Harris Marcus Home for years and is now an independent representative for companies including Acme Furniture, Anthony of California, Armen Living and D.R. Kincaid.
• Robert Petril, a member of the Tri-State Home Furnishings Assn. He is a furniture designer whose latest collection was recently introduced by Lazar Inds. His industry background also includes sales and management positions at American and Italian companies.
• Mark Cisneros, who has been in the industry since 2002 and is a member of the Home Furnishings Representatives Guild of Southern California, where he is serving his second term as vice president. He was introduced to the furnishings industry by the Burton family, a third-generation furniture family. He is a sales rep covering southern California and southern Nevada for Robert Michael Ltd., USA Premium Leather Furniture and Uniters' NA.
For more information on the IHFRA Presidential Gala, which will be held in High Point's International Home Furnishings Center, contact the IHFRA office at (336) 889-3920 or by e-mail at email@example.com. Reservations can also be made online at www.ihfra.org/event/Presidential_Gala.