Six reps named Deans of IHFRA
April 8, 2010,
HIGH POINT — Six sales representatives will receive Charles B. Costar Dean of IHFRA Awards at the International Home Furnishings Representatives Assn.'s Presidential Gala at the upcoming High Point Market.
The event will take place April 16 in the International Home Furnishings Center's IHFC Club. For information, contact the IHFRA office at (336) 889-3920 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Tony Bellarossa of the Greater New York Home Furnishings Assn. He is the CEO of Furniture Concepts Inc., a sales organization representing Klaussner Furniture Inds., and a longtime board member of the GNYHFA who is active on a number of committees.
• Sidney Gamburg, an active member of Tri-State Home Furnishings Assn. since 1978, who has served on the group's awards committee, actively participates in chapter functions, and recruits members.
• Mike Mackey, a board member and officer of the Midwest Furniture Club. He has taken the initiative to maintain and modernize communication with the Midwest furniture community, strengthening the club's ability to serve the industry.
• Don Deeds, president of the Home Furnishings Representatives Guild of Southern California, who represents his chapter at IHFRA board meetings and also serves as a rep ambassador for the High Point Market Authority.
• Terry Clemens, an IHFRA member for more than 35 years, who has been an officer of the Home Furnishings Representatives of Michigan and chaired the Michigan All Industry Seminar last year. He has represented his chapter at IHFRA board meetings and like Deeds is a rep ambassador for the High Point Market Authority.
• Ray Jessup, a member of the Virginia/Carolinas Chapter since 1988 and a member of the local Piedmont Furniture Club. He has helped organize and promote the club's annual golf tournament and actively recruits members for the club and the national association. He has held leadership roles at the Virginia/Carolinas Chapter and represents it at IHFRA board meetings.
Most Viewed Articles
Related Content By Author
Hall of Fame: Flanders: Make things better
RSA Insights & Intelligence
RSA Insights & Intelligence gives you, the retail sales associates, critical intelligence and insights. We make it easier for you to sell by providing actionable tips and key takeaways you can and should use for every sale. Check out our latest two articles:
* One tip that will get customers to leave reviews
* Why buying online is harder than consumers think
Furniture Retail Solutions
Over the past year, our editorial team has been on the road, studying retail – what's working and what challenges even the most established retailers face. Born from these studies is Furniture Retail Solutions – a multi-part series addressing common problems retailers face. Read our first two articles: