World Market Center's Bob Maricich to address Michigan gathering
February 9, 2009,
With the theme, "We Can't Do It Alone," the event also will feature speakers from the retail, rep and manufacturing sides of the industry.
• Tom Lias, president of Detroit-area retailer Gorman's Home Furnishings and Interior Design.
• David Israels, general manager of retailer Israels Design for Living in Grand Rapids, Mich.
• Kathy Parks, executive director of the International Home Furnishings Representatives Assn.
• Larry Kraft, president and Serta Restokraft Mattress Co., based in the Detroit area.
The event will take place at the Sheraton Lansing Hotel, 925 S. Creyts Rd. in Lansing. The cost is $20 in advance or $25 at the door, although if a rep or retailer brings a prospective HFRM member to the meeting, both the host and prospect will get in free. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to the Children's Hospital of Michigan.
Sign-in will begin at 1:30 p.m. on Feb. 24 and the program will start at 2 p.m. A business social will follow at 5 p.m.
To register for the seminar or for more information, contact Julie Orr by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (586) 899-4869.
Reservations must be received by Feb. 17. To book a room at the Sheraton Lansing, contact the hotel at (517) 323-7100 and request the HFRM rate.
Most Viewed Articles
Related Content By Author
From the desks of Furniture Today's editors ...
RSA Insights & Intelligence
RSA Insights & Intelligence gives you, the retail sales associates, critical intelligence and insights. We make it easier for you to sell by providing actionable tips and key takeaways you can and should use for every sale. Check out our latest two articles:
* One tip that will get customers to leave reviews
* Why buying online is harder than consumers think
Furniture Factory 4.0
If you missed our recent webcast with Lectra on what the furniture factory of the future will look like, then you can click here to watch the recorded version. Topics include what trends and challenges are affecting furniture factories in the US & Worldwide and how these challenges are changing furniture production.