Hickory Springs Mfg. realigns duties of top executives
March 15, 2013-- Furniture Today,
HICKORY, N.C. — Components supplier Hickory Spring Mfg. has realigned the responsibilities of several of its top executives as part of a corporate restructuring announced last month.
The restructuring involves the creation of four business units - bedding solutions, furniture solutions, transportation solutions and diversified solutions - as the company adopts a market-focused strategy.
"Taken together, these assignments comprise a leadership team that will work with me to direct the company's transition to a market-focused strategy," said Dave Colburn, president and CEO. "I am confident we have assembled the best group of people to enable the execution of our strategy, while focusing on delivering value to Hickory Springs current and future customers."
The nine executives involved, all reporting to Coburn, include"
• Jimmy Bush, senior vice president of corporate development. He joined the company in 1978 and most recently was senior executive vice president of the wire products group. Bush will continue to participate in key bedding industry events.
• Lee Lunsford, executive vice president and chief operating officer. Hired as senior vice president of operations in 2003, he has been in his current post since 2011. The heads of the four business units, as well as the vice president of corporate sales, report to him.
• John Mayo, vice president and general counsel. He joined the company as general counsel in June 2012.
* Jim Packer, vice president of human resources. He has been with the company since 1979, most recently as director of human resources.
• Valerie Reid, chief financial officer and corporate treasurer. Hired as a senior accountant in 1999, she has been finance director since 2011.
• John Saladino, vice president of strategy and acquisitions. He joined the company in October and has more than 40 years of experience in design, manufacturing and consulting.
• Don Simpson, corporate director of administration. He joined the company in 1989 as an accountant and most recently was general manager of administration.
• David Underdown, senior vice president of supply chain. In addition to his supply chain responsibilities, the 30-year Hickory Springs veteran has been named the company's chairman.
• Dwayne Welch, executive vice president and chief marketing and innovation officer. An 18-year company veteran, he most recently was executive vice president and chief sales and marketing officer.
In addition to those executive-level appointments, the company announced the leadership structure for its manufacturing, quality control and logistics functions, who report to Lunsford. The executives are Rich Derian, director of corporate logistics, who joined the company last year, and Buster Mann, senior vice president of manufacturing, who joined the company in 1975 and most recently was senior vice president of foam operations.
Related Content By Author
Hollywood ‘A’ Listers buy into mattress biz, and guess who’s the fastest growing retailer?