Richard W. ‘Dick' Johnston, exec and rep
March 4, 2011,
DENVER — Richard W. "Dick" Johnston, who worked as an executive and a sales representative before his retirement, has died at age 81.
Johnston joined Metalcraft in 1956 as director of marketing and later moved to vice president of sales. He was involved in the development of its metal dinette line.
In 1971, Johnston became an independent sales rep based in Colorado for a number of manufacturers, most recently Douglas Furniture of California and Sandburg Furniture. He retired in 2005.
Johnston's passion for the furniture industry spilled over to his family, with his two daughters, a son-in-law, one brother, a niece, and other family members also in the industry. Memorial contributions may be made to Denver Hospice. Condolences may be sent via e-mail to email@example.com.
Most Viewed Articles
- Consumer Reports evaluates sofas
- Eugene Chrinian, Ashley Furniture HomeStore's o...
- Louis Shanks closing in Houston
- Tempur Sealy shares tumble
- The Times puts online mattress returns to the test
- MicroD gets investment infusion
- Sleep Number launching 'it bed' in a box
- Furniture e-tailer Dot & Bo shuts down