Gallery Furniture arson suspect found incompetent
March 14, 2013,
HOUSTON — The man charged with starting the devastating fire at Gallery Furniture here nearly four years ago will likely never face trial, the Houston Chronicle is reporting.
An expert found former Gallery employee Robert Gillham, now 70, "incompetent and unlikely to regain competence and neither side is disputing that," Gillham's attorney told the newspaper.
McIngvale told the Chronicle he was disappointed by the development, but wouldn't argue with the system. Gillham is expected to be committed and moved to a state mental hospital.
Most Viewed Articles
- Consumer Reports evaluates sofas
- Top 25 furniture manufacturers
- Industry weighs in on Amazon furniture stores
- Are Amazon furniture stores coming?
- Consumer Reports ranks top sofas
- Vaselli launches online mattress company
- American Home Furnishings Hall of Fame Foundati...
- Rent-A-Center pushes back against activist shar...