Midwest-CBK to debut 400 new home décor designs at winter markets
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, December 17, 2012
Midwest‐CBK will be introducing an expanded home décor line, featuring 400 new designs in a variety of styles and formats, at the winter 2013 markets.
Midwest-CBK's Urban Style collection combines vintage and modern.
The company's Gifts for Home collection has more than doubled the number of designs in key home décor categories, including 150% more lamps and lighting, nearly 300% more clocks and 120% more photo frames.
The new home décor collections feature a range of styles inspired by lifestyle, fashion and décor trends, exclusively designed by Midwest‐CBK's in‐studio designers. Unique pieces in best‐selling formats feature accessible price points, with most items at $30 wholesale or less.
"We're excited to introduce Midwest‐CBK's newly expanded home décor collections to independent retailers, bringing them an even wider range of trends, styles and exclusive designs," said Beth Lorentz, Midwest‐CBK vice president of product development. "With more items in popular décor categories - and at accessible price points - this line is designed to sell."
Home décor collections include:
• Urban Style: An eclectic mix of vintage and modern style, blending rustic and industrial touches, in a neutral color palette of black, ivory, brown and tan. Key formats include clocks, lamps, chandeliers, photo frames, candle holders, wall art, wall hooks, mirrors and bookends.
• Toscana: High style, rich details and luxurious finishes combined with the warmth
and charm of Mediterranean style. Dramatic, oversized home accent pieces, rich texture and scroll metal detailing, and colors grounded in black, brown, bronze and gold with accents of orange, green, blue and ivory. Key home accessories include clocks, lamps, chandeliers, frames, trays, candle holders, wall art, mirrors, lanterns and benches.
Toscana includes dramatic, oversized home accent pieces with Mediterranean styling.
• Canyon: Classic Western motifs, trendy ikat patterns and the comfort of wood, metal and wool. A neutral color palette of brown, black and ivory highlighted by hits of red and turquoise give a nod to Southwest style, but are subtle enough to appeal to other areas of the country. Home décor formats include lamps, chandeliers, frames, trays, candleholders, wall art, crosses, mirrors and lanterns.
• Weekend Retreat: Casual and rustic lodge looks, featuring well-loved treasures and a comfortable, casual style that evokes memories of relaxing weekend getaways. Vintage board game and bulls‐eye designs lend a nostalgic twist. Formats include clocks, lamps, frames, trays, candle holders, wall art, mirrors, lanterns and benches.
• La Marina: Shells, capiz and driftwood anchor this coastal style which features classic coastal icons, mermaids and woven textures washed in neutral, weathered shades. Key home accent formats include lamps, frames, clocks, candle holders, wall art, mirrors, lanterns and decorative sitabouts. Authentic materials include capiz, sea glass, shells, metal, wood, driftwood and natural wovens.
• Vintage Chic: Celebrates a rebirth of "shabby chic" with feminine details, updated materials and soft, neutral color palette of ivory, gray, muted purples, antique silver, champagne and soft gold. Key home accent formats include lamps, frames, chandeliers, clocks, candle holders, jewelry holders, pedestal stands, wall art, mirrors, lanterns and organics.
• Wine & Serveware: New wine accessories feature chalkboard surfaces for personalization.
Midwest‐CBK will also introduce two new garden and outdoor living collections, as well as an updated Dandelion Wishes baby gift collection, a new inspirational gift line called Hope Shines Through by Amylee Weeks, and new gift designs from popular artist Suzy Toronto.
Furniture Today's Ray Allegrezza Speaks with Stephen Bogart about Fine Furniture's New Bogart Line