Announcing America's Next Great Home Textiles Company
Tom Edmonds -- Furniture Today, August 6, 2012
New York - They all had lives before home textiles. Teacher. Construction manager. TV show developer. Sales rep. Interior designer. Graphic designer. Professional painter.
Now they are the principals of six companies that are first-time exhibitors at the New York International Gift Fair this month. They are also contestants in HTT's new "America's Next Great Home Textiles Company" series.
Industry veterans from the areas of showroom design, product development and marketing will visit each company during the show, which runs from Aug. 18-22. In subsequent issues of HTT, the judges will share their assessments of each company.
The contenders are:
- HedgeHouse USA, Booth 7867: Throw beds and cushions that "draw from the past to update the way we live now."
- Le Cote Francais Maison, Booth 8072: Multi-category linens marrying antique and vintage patterns with contemporary fabrics.
- Pyar & Co., Booth 8070: Hand-crafted, luxury decorative pillows selected from the Calcutta markets.
- Simple Syrup Design House, Booth 7974: Handmade artisan print pillows.
- Stamattina Fine Linens, Booth 8043: Luxury bedding made in the USA from fabric imported from Italy. (On Facebook at Stamattina Fine Linens.)
- Wabisabi Green, Booth 8073: Eco-friendly table linens and dec pillows featuring prints inspired by nature.
Furniture Today's Ray Allegrezza Speaks with Stephen Bogart about Fine Furniture's New Bogart Line