Michigan reps donate $10,000 to help member with medical expenses
November 15, 2013,
NOVI, Mich. — The Home Furnishings Representatives of Michigan has established a fund to help one of its longtime members with medical expenses.
The HFRM set up the fund and donated its first $10,000 to help offset expenses incurred by Rick Vilestra, who is in need of a heart transplant.
He began his furniture career in retail as part owner in his wife, Mary's, family business (Van's Furniture) in Portage, Mich. Later, Rick moved to the wholesale side of furniture sales and has worked for Rowe Furniture, La-Z-Boy, Palliser Furniture, Fairfield Chair, Braxton Culler, EQ3 and Kalora Area Rugs.
The First National Bank - Rick Vilestra Heart Fund is accepting donations. Checks, payable to "Rick Vilestra Heart Fund" can be sent to First National Bank, Attn: John Schreuder, Chief Executive Office, 348 W. Michigan Ave., Kalamazoo, MI 49007.
For more information, contact Schreuder at email@example.com or call (269) 488-8853.
Most Viewed Articles
- Consumer Reports evaluates sofas
- Top 25 furniture manufacturers
- Industry weighs in on Amazon furniture stores
- Are Amazon furniture stores coming?
- Consumer Reports ranks top sofas
- Vaselli launches online mattress company
- American Home Furnishings Hall of Fame Foundati...
- Rent-A-Center pushes back against activist shar...