Another 14 Thomasville corporate stores closing
September 20, 2013,
ST. LOUIS — Bankrupt industry giant Furniture Brands International plans to close another 14 corporately owned Thomasville stores in the next 60 days, according an email sent to company personnel from the division's president.
A media spokesman for Furniture Brands, which filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection last week, declined to comment. The e-mail was sent earlier this month by Thomasville President Kathy Veltri.
It also said that another 14 stores will close in Shelby, Mich.; Sterling, Va.; Destin, Fort Lauderdale, Miami and Wellington, Fla.; Langhorne, Pa.; Las Vegas; Maple Grove, Minn.; O'Fallon, Mo.; Portland, Ore.; Orange and Manchester, Conn.; and Madison, Wis.
The Thomasville.com site, last updated on Sept. 13, lists 84 "Thomasville of" branded dealers in the United States - 45 of which are FBI corporate stores, industry sources report. The remaining 39 are owned by independent dealers.
Most Viewed Articles
- Consumer Reports evaluates sofas
- Top 25 furniture manufacturers
- Industry weighs in on Amazon furniture stores
- Are Amazon furniture stores coming?
- Consumer Reports ranks top sofas
- Vaselli launches online mattress company
- American Home Furnishings Hall of Fame Foundati...
- Rent-A-Center pushes back against activist shar...