FXI launches Sleep Doctor foam pillow line
Staff Staff -- Furniture Today, September 18, 2012
MEDIA, Pa. — Foam products maker FXI has partnered with Sleep Doctor Michael Breus on a new line of foam pillows.
The line was successfully previewed at the summer Las Vegas Market and is available for delivery in September. Retails range from $89 to $109, officials said.
The Dr. Breus Pillow Collection, designed and developed with the assistance of Breus, reinforces the importance of a sleep system as a holistic approach in getting a good night's rest. Designed to offer solutions to commonly found sleep problems, the pillows meet the specific sleep needs of each individual and provide a better, more restful night's sleep, according to Breus.
The collection has five models, each made using FXI's patent-pending breathable foam, and features dust mite and allergen resistant technology. The pillows come with a removable, washable cover that is made with a soft sateen cotton and Coolmax polyester blended fabric, ensuring temperature regulation and superior moisture wicking, the company said.
"We previewed the pillows to great response at the Las Vegas Market and we have created great momentum for the line," said Diane Adams, FXI's senior vice president of consumer products.
"FXI is uniquely positioned to help drive my mission of helping people sleep better and live healthier," said Breus. "Their R&D capabilities and expertise as the leading producer of foam products makes them the ideal partner."
Here's how the collection's five pillows are positioned:
• The Wave "Multi-Positional" Pillow offers optimal head and neck support and positioning for individuals who sleep on their sides. Since many sleep on both their back and sides, it also can be rotated to provide comfort and proper support for either position.
• The Low Profile pillow is a ventilated contour pillow that offers the ideal head and neck alignment for stomach sleepers.
• The Hybrid pillow offers the look, feel and softness of a traditional pillow. Its memory foam core provides support and proper alignment for the head and neck.
• Two interlocking foam pieces in the Puzzle pillow offer customizable support. With four possible configurations, it offers the option of sleeping in a different position every night.
• The Breathable pillow was designed for those who have trouble sleeping due to blocked nasal passages and/or snoring. The contour shape keeps the head and neck in alignment, allowing air passages to remain open.
Breus has identified four characteristics that must be present in order to achieve a good night's sleep: consistent neutral temperature or thermo-neutrality, motion control for undisturbed sleep, pressure relief and proper support. Each pillow in The Dr. Breus Pillow Collection addresses these tenets, he said.
Breus has been featured on "The Oprah Winfrey Show," "The Dr. Oz Show" and "The Today Show" among others. He is a clinical psychologist, author, diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine.
Furniture Today's Ray Allegrezza Speaks with Stephen Bogart about Fine Furniture's New Bogart Line