FBI closes six Drexel Heritage, Thomasville stores
September 21, 2013,
JAMESTOWN, N.C. - Furniture Brands International has closed the corporate-owned Drexel Heritage store across the street from Furnitureland South here.
Furnitureland South has acquired all the home furnishings in the building. Jason Harris, executive vice president of Top 100 company Furnitureland South, confirmed that the retailer acquired everything in the Drexel building and is displaying the merchandise in its outlet center.
Furniture Brands also closed a store in Greenville, S.C., in the past two weeks, as well as four company-owned Thomasville stores in Greenville, S.C., Beaufort, Ga., Brookfield, Conn., and Geneva, Ill., according to company spokesman Anton Nicholas of communications firm ICR.
"All stores were underperforming and in poor locations. As we continually review and evaluate our business, we make decisions on what is in the best interests of the company. Sometimes this means stores will be closed," he said.
Most Viewed Articles
- Consumer Reports evaluates sofas
- Key Top 100 companies named finalists for leade...
- Wayfair unveils fully shoppable TV series
- City of Hope to honor Wayfair co-founders, Klau...
- American Leather acquires Lee Industries
- Jerome's hires Landis as GMM
- Consumer Reports ranks top sofas
- Louis Shanks closing in Houston