Speakers announced for Home Furnishings Industry Conference
March 20, 2013,
ROSEVILLE, Calif. — Speakers from outside and inside the industry will offer knowledge and knowhow at this year's Home Furnishings Industry Conference in New Orleans in June, organizers say.
The National Home Furnishings Assn., Western Home Furnishings Assn., Southeastern Home
Furnishings Assn. and the Home Furnishings Independents Assn. announced the lineup for the event, set for June 2-4 at the Sheraton New Orleans.
• Jim Knight, former senior director of training and development at Hard Rock International, with his presentation, Culture That Rocks: How to Revolutionize an Organization's Culture.
• Retailer Mike Spiller of Spiller Furniture, Tuscaloosa, Ala., who will share years of stories about the business, followed by a session delving into the dynamics of long-term success.
• Small business owner, columnist and author Gene Marks, who will share his knowledge on business and the political landscape. His book, "In God We Trust, Everyone Else Pays Cash," will be complimentary to attendees.
• Kelly McDonald, McDonald Marketing, whose presentation will be based on her latest book, "Crafting the Customer Experience," which also will be free to attendees. McDonald spoke at the 2011 HFIC in San Antonio and was so well received the event committee asked her back.
The event will offer more than 25 educational sessions, a best idea contest and a 60‐booth product showcase. Serta Mattress is the signature sponsor.
"New this year is a simplified online registration process," said Cindi Williams, WHFA director of events. Retailers, vendors and manufacturers can visit www.thehfic.com to register, reserve hotel rooms and see the full agenda.
Most Viewed Articles
Related Content By Author
Mid-August news features acquisitions, Amazon and avenues of growth
Furniture Retail Solutions
Over the past year, our editorial team has been on the road, studying retail – what's working and what challenges even the most established retailers face. Born from these studies is Furniture Retail Solutions – a multi-part series addressing common problems retailers face. Read our first two articles:
RSA Insights & Intelligence
RSA Insights & Intelligence gives you, the retail sales associates, critical intelligence and insights. We make it easier for you to sell by providing actionable tips and key takeaways you can and should use for every sale. Check out our latest two articles:
* Why buying mattresses online is harder than consumers think
* How RSA can capitalize on the adjustable base boom