Deere Park liquidates Classic Home Brands
June 25, 2013,
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Deere Park Associates was hired to handle the going-out-of business sales for the last two Classic Home Brands furniture stores in Louisville, Ky., and Jacksonville, Fla.
The sales at the one-time dedicated Thomasville stores began earlier this month and will run "until all inventory is sold," said Jim Bullock, director of Focus Media, which works closely with Deere Park. The stores, on Philips Highway in Jacksonville and Shelbyville Road in Louisville, are each about 20,000 square feet and are supported by separate warehouses.
"The decision to close our business was difficult," said owner Dan Dougherty in a statement. The stores were part of the history of Louisville and Jacksonville and "we have loved being a part of so many families' lives. But we have decided to move on."
Classic Brands is honoring all existing orders and warranties, according to the release.
Most Viewed Articles
- Consumer Reports evaluates sofas
- Top 25 furniture manufacturers
- Industry weighs in on Amazon furniture stores
- Are Amazon furniture stores coming?
- Consumer Reports ranks top sofas
- Vaselli launches online mattress company
- American Home Furnishings Hall of Fame Foundati...
- Rent-A-Center pushes back against activist shar...