Smith Leonard merges with Lexington accounting firm
December 24, 2013,
HIGH POINT — Smith Leonard, a High Point accounting and consulting firm that has numerous furniture industry clients, has agreed to merge with the Lexington, N.C., accounting firm Smith McWhorter.
Once the merger takes effect Jan. 1, the combined firm will operate under the Smith Leonard name. Thomas Smith and Amy McWhorter, principals of the Lexington firm, will become partners in Smith Leonard.
Thomas Smith is not related to Ken Smith, a Smith Leonard partner who writes the monthly Furniture Insights newsletter.
"The joining of our firm with Smith McWhorter allows us to expand as a firm in two key service areas - real estate and small business services - and adds a dynamic team of professionals to our group," Smith Leonard said in a statement announcing the merger. "The expertise of the Smith McWhorter team enhances our ability to deliver results to our individual and corporate clients across diverse industries."
The combined firm will have 45 employees in High Point and Lexington.
Most Viewed Articles
- Consumer Reports evaluates sofas
- Key Top 100 companies named finalists for leade...
- Wayfair unveils fully shoppable TV series
- City of Hope to honor Wayfair co-founders, Klau...
- American Leather acquires Lee Industries
- Jerome's hires Landis as GMM
- Consumer Reports ranks top sofas
- Louis Shanks closing in Houston