Therapedic allies with Israel's Hollandia
Will distribute brand, cooperate on R&D
David Perry -- Furniture Today, May 12, 2010
Hollandia will own the Therapedic license for Israel and Cyprus, and will open Therapedic stores in Israeli cities over the next year. The two companies also will form a joint research and development team that will create products that will leverage Hollandia's product expertise. Those new products will be sold throughout the world, officials of the two companies said.
"We have been watching the growth and development of the Hollandia brand over the past few years and it is incredibly impressive," said Gerry Borreggine, president and CEO of Therapedic. "They make some of the most luxurious products in our industry, and on the retail side of their business, they understand the importance of selling more than just mattresses to their customers — but rather the benefits of a good night's sleep."
Hollandia CEO Avi Barssessat said he had been looking to find the right U.S. sleep products brand to bring to Israel.
"Israelis love American brands, and Therapedic is an outstanding sleep products company that offers a full range of product choices," he said. "I think the brand will resonate exceptionally well here in Israel."
Hollandia operates in more than 120 locations throughout the world. In the United States, it has two retail showrooms in Philadelphia and Short Hills, N.J. All its products are manufactured in Israel.
In addition to its luxury sleep systems, Hollandia also offers related products such as pillows, fitted sheets, blankets and mattress protectors, as well as custom-made products such as a daybed or ottoman that can be converted to a guest bed.
Therapedic International has more than 50 licensees producing products under the Therapedic brand around the world.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...