Hooker Furniture names Bruce Cohenour case goods president
Position is new one for company
Thomas Russell -- Furniture Today, June 10, 2010
MARTINSVILLE, Va. — Manufacturer and importer Hooker Furniture has promoted Bruce Cohenour to president of the company's case goods division, a new position.
Oversight of the case goods division was previously handled by Paul Toms Jr., the company's chairman and CEO.
Cohenour began as a sales rep for Hooker in 1995, covering northern Texas and Oklahoma. Before that, he was a regional sales manager for La-Z-Boy.
He joined Hooker's management team in 2007 as senior vice president of national accounts and business development. For the past year he has been executive vice president of marketing, heading the company's case goods merchandising and marketing efforts.
In his new role, he reports to Toms and is responsible for sales, merchandising, and operations for case goods.
"We believe Bruce is uniquely qualified to lead the wood furniture division," Toms said in a statement. "He completely understands the product, pricing and services we need to offer to be a preferred supplier to our customers. Bruce personifies the values of our company. Our employees, reps, customers and suppliers all have great respect for him and are motivated by his enthusiasm, optimism and the lofty goals he sets."
Cohenour said he was humbled by the promotion and looks forward to the opportunities for the company.
"In addition to having what I consider to be the best team of people in the furniture business, our financial strength and marketing strategy put us in an enviable position to take this company to the next level," he said.
Alan Cole remains president of the company's upholstery division, which includes the Bradington-Young and Sam Moore brands.
- Mar 19, 2013
- Jan 10, 2013
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...