AHFA sets Supply Chain conference for July
Event will focus on transportation, logistics issues
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, June 16, 2010
HIGH POINT — Manufacturers dealing with transportation and logistics issues might find some answers at the American Home Furnishings Alliance's Supply Chain Management Conference, set for July 30-31 in Myrtle Beach, S.C.
The event, which is open to both AHFA members and non-members, kicks off with a golf tournament on Thursday, July 29, with an opening reception to follow at 5:30 p.m.
The conference will address key supply chain issues that might be hampering suppliers as their business is starting to rebound. Scheduled speakers include Dave Bennett of Schneider Logistics, who will discuss best practices in transportation and logistics; Rob Pisani, a partner in the Pisani & Roll law firm, and Venetia Huffman of CV International, who will hold separate presentations on compliance; Chris Norek, CEO of Chain Connectors, a supply chain strategy and implementation service; and Donavon Favre, an assistant professor of management at North Carolina State University.
The conference will also include three panel discussions.
The golf fee is $79, which includes a cart and box lunch. The conference registration fee for AHFA member companies is $395 for the first person and $345 for any other registrants. The non-member registration fee is $545 for the first person and $495 for additional registrants.
The AHFA is offering a discount for first-time attendees of $345 for AHFA members and $495 for non-members.
Attendees also are invited to attend the annual meeting of the Specialized Furniture Carriers, which will be held Wednesday, July 28. For more information on that event and the conference, go to www.ahfa.us and click Events.
- Mar 29, 2012
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...