Donald Trump to find jobs for Serta Counting Sheep
Buyers can preview new campaign at Las Vegas Market
David Perry -- Furniture Today, August 2, 2010
AT THE MARKET — Donald Trump, who awards jobs to apprentices who do well on his television show, now takes on a bigger challenge: Finding jobs for the Serta Counting Sheep.
That challenge will play out in the weeks to come as Serta launches a new social media campaign designed to boost interest in the Serta brand in the key weeks leading into the important Labor Day holiday weekend, traditionally a strong mattress sales period.
Serta launched its "Counting Sheep for Hire" contest July 26 and is inviting its Facebook users to help Trump find the perfect job for the Counting Sheep in his company. Trump has a mattress line with Serta.
The contest will be supported with a three-part Web series on YouTube in which Trump shares the spotlight with the Counting Sheep. It's the first time Trump and the sheep have gotten together online. The Web series is on Serta's YouTube channel, www.youtube.com/user/MattressSerta.
The new commercial can be seen on www.serta.com and on Serta's YouTube channel starting Aug. 31. Retailers can get an advance screening by visiting Serta's World Market Center showroom here, space A-710.
The contest is open for entries over a three-week period, with a new webisode each week. Facebook users can enter the contest by writing a letter of employment recommendation on behalf of the Counting Sheep.
At the end of the entry period, Serta will select some finalists and let the Facebook community vote for the winner. One grand prize winner will receive a Trump Luxury Suites Getaway to the Trump International Hotel in Las Vegas. The other finalists will receive a variety of Trump branded gifts, including a limited edition Trump Home mattress by Serta for the runner-up.
Winners will be selected one day before the TV premier of a new commercial in which Trump will announce the job he has selected for the Counting Sheep. The commercial will support Serta's Labor Day retail event, the Luxury Suites Mattress Savings Event, which features a limited edition Trump Home Luxury Suites mattress.
"The Counting Sheep for Hire contest allows Serta to extend our national event support into the social media space, where we have already had success connecting consumers with our brand," said Bob Sherman, Serta president. "The contest launches three weeks before the television campaign begins, allowing us to tap into the reach of social media. Most importantly, it allows us to drive more consumer interest in the Luxury Suites Mattress Savings Event and our Trump Home mattresses in time for Labor Day."
Serta will show a number of Trump beds in Las Vegas, including the Trump Home, Trump Home Luxury and the limited edition Trump Home Luxury Suites models.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...