Furniture Smart makes strong showing at Nationwide event
New suppliers exhibit at buying group's conference
Clint Engel -- Furniture Today, September 3, 2010
NATIONAL HARBOR, Md. — Furniture Smart, the furniture division of buying group Nationwide Marketing Group, drew strong retailer attendance and presented one of its largest exhibitions during NMG's PrimeTime conference here last month.
Furniture and related partner suppliers showed in a little more than 30,000 square feet and included seven suppliers new to the show: LaCrosse Furniture, Fairfax Home Furniture, South Sea Rattan, United Furniture Inds., Lifestyle Solutions, Powell and Banner Marketing.
Bill Bazemore, executive director of Furniture Smart, estimated about 350 dealers attending the show carry furniture. Overall, NMG said the 807 companies and nearly 3,000 people registered for the show at the Gaylord National Hotel and Convention Center here.
Other industry suppliers showing during the event included Ashley, Simmons, Sealy, Serta, Broyhill, Coaster, Klaussner and Steve Silver. Banner Marketing, which handles Furniture Smart's circulars, presented a new program that offers "dealers 100% customizable print circulars," NMG said.
Bazemore said that appliance and electronics dealers also were shopping the Furniture Smart exhibit, noting that "consumers are beginning to expect a one-stop shopping experience."
"Bedding is the most natural progression for these dealers because bedding drives traffic, has low inventory dollars, high turnover and high margin and makes a tremendous amount of sense," he said.
Some 70 furniture items and more than 1,200 pieces were sold during a popular and fast-paced 45-minute auction that included goods from supplier partners discounted by up to 80% off cost.
The next PrimeTime is scheduled for Feb. 20-23 in Las Vegas at The Venetian. For information, click here.
No related articles for this topic.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...