RWS Announces Reputation Management Software for Independent Durable Goods Retailers
August 23, 2016,
This press release is submitted and shown here in its original form, unedited by Furniture/Today.
NASHVILLE, Aug. 23, 2016—Retailer Web Services (RWS) announced today from the MEGA Group USA Fall National Convention the launch of WebFronts® Review ™, online reputation management software developed exclusively for independent durable goods retailers. The announcement came on the heels of keynote Erik Qualman, a renowned expert on digital leadership and author of the Pulitzer Prize-nominated book, “What Happens in Vegas Stays on YouTube.”
“Online reviews are increasing in visibility and influence, affecting people’s purchasing decisions,” said Jennie Gilbert, RWS chief operating officer. “Opting out of online reputation management isn’t an option, and doing it well brings huge growth opportunities to our retailer customers. We developed WebFronts Review to provide a systematic way for them to know what’s being said about their stores online, and learn how to respond to negative reviews and increase positive reviews. It provides everything retailers need to manage their online reputation in one convenient package.”
RWS’s survey of more than 1,400 consumers about if and how they use online reviews to decide where they’ll shop for new furniture, mattresses and appliances, provided valuable insights for the development of WebFronts Review. The technology is built on six industry best practices:
1. Monitor: The software monitors third-party review sites daily, including Google, Yelp, Facebook and more, allowing retailers to view all of their reviews in one convenient place.
2. Alert: Retailers receive automatic alerts via email and text message as new reviews about their businesses are posted online.
3. Respond: One click automatically takes retailers to the appropriate site where they can respond to each review. Also, the software provides tips on crafting effective responses to both positive and negative reviews.
4. Solicit: Because people are four times more likely to leave a review after a bad experience than a good one, WebFronts Review allows retailers to automatically solicit feedback from customers after a purchase via an automated email drip campaign. Customers who express their expectations weren’t met are prompted to provide details that are sent privately to the retailer to address; customers who report a positive experience are prompted to leave a public review. 5.Showcase: With one click, retailers can add a positive review to their website.
6. Share: Retailers can share four and five star reviews about their business on Facebook directly from the software.
As part of the WebFronts Review announcement, MEGA announced it will cover the cost for the first location of WebFronts Review through the end of 2017 for its member retailers who add the new software package to their Level 4 WebFront.
RWS EDITOR’S NOTE: For more information on WebFronts Review and the results of the online reputation management consumer survey conducted by RWS, the whitepaper, “Online Reviews: Are they helping or hurting your business?” is available upon request.
About Retailer Web Services
Founded in 2006, Retailer Web Services (RWS) is a Scottsdale, Ariz.-based provider of proprietary e-commerce, web design and other high-performance software solutions to help independent retailers achieve success. A champion of independent retailers, RWS is an authoritative source on durable goods product data and consumer purchasing habits. RE:THiNK: 11 surprising things you should do now to win retail customers in the digital age (RWS, 2015) provides actionable advice grounded in the way consumers shop for durable goods. RWS serves more than 2,000 independent durable goods retailers across North America. For more information, visit www.retailerwebservices.com .
Most Viewed Articles
Related Content By Author
Parting thoughts on High Point Market
RSA Insights & Intelligence
RSA Insights & Intelligence gives you, the retail sales associates, critical intelligence and insights. We make it easier for you to sell by providing actionable tips and key takeaways you can and should use for every sale. Check out our latest two articles:
* How to use an implied close
* The low cost of mattresses