Southerland to make Sharper Image bedding
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, April 6, 2011
NEW YORK — The Sharper Image, known for its technology driven products, has entered into a licensing agreement with bedding maker Southerland for a line of specialty mattresses, the companies announced.
Southerland will be Sharper Image's sole mattress licensee, according to David Corbin, co-president of Southerland. Natura had previously marketed Sharper Image mattresses but that program has ended.
Under the new agreement, Southerland will have the rights to manufacture and distribute Sharper Image branded mattresses to a broad range of retailers in the department store, bedding specialty store, club, e-commerce and mail-order channels in the United States and Canada. The line will be in stores and online later this year.
"We are quite pleased to have partnered with Southerland, as they exemplify the standards, workmanship and quality consistent with the Sharper Image brand," said Federico de Bellegarde, senior vice president at The Sharper Image. "Southerland's vast experience in product development, production and loyal retail relationships are paramount to their success. Moreover, the infusion of new technologies will create a truly unique offering to consumers."
Corbin said Southerland, based in Nashville, Tenn., will be using the Sharper Image brand for a new line of customizable mattresses.
"In nationally projectable consumer research into brand awareness, preferences and product fit, Sharper Image was well known and well regarded, receiving high marks for quality, trust and respect and product relevance in the bedding category," he said. "The Sharper Image brand allows us to go to the next level with our vision for Southerland," he said.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...