F/T hosting Logistics Conference on June 15
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, May 2, 2011
HIGH POINT — To help participants in the home furnishings industry be as profitable as possible, Furniture/Today is hosting a one-day Logistics Conference in June.
Themed, "Logistics: The Critical Link to Supply Chain Excellence," the event is set for June 15 at AmericasMart in Atlanta.
According to Furniture/Today's editor in chief, Ray Allegrezza, "Smart companies have taken every conceivable cost out of their businesses. While that has certainly helped, until the economy shows dramatic improvement, they still need ways to strengthen their bottom lines."
One way, he added, is through supply chain excellence.
"Thankfully, advancements in logistics now make it easier for companies of any size to compete on the same playing field no matter where that field happens to be," Allegrezza said. To help attendees understand and maximize their supply chain options, Furniture/ Today has invited logistics experts from a variety of companies to come and share their expertise.
Jack Holmes, president of UPS Freight, will kick off the event and will give specific insight on how the new logistics can keep companies profitable in the new normal.
Holmes' keynote will be followed by a panel of experts who will address the topic of ocean freight. Attendees will hear from Chad Rosenberg of American Global Logistics, Steve Wolfe of Stanley Furniture, Steve Burdette of Havertys Furniture and John Lomax of Furniture Brands International.
Updates on the home delivery front will be addressed by Jim Waters of Home Depot, Patrick Cory of Cory Home Delivery, Keith Hewitt of Hep-Direct, Will O'Shea of 3PD and Ikea's Talal Tadros.
To help attendees understand many of the regulatory and legislative issues that impact their businesses, we've invited Michael Roll of Pisani & Roll LLP, a law firm specializing in U.S. Customs, to bring us up to date on these topics.
With forecasting tougher than ever, the demand for just-in-time delivery is spiking. And when one considers that today's warehouse also is often also used for light assembly and other tasks, it is clear that efficiently managing that big box is critical. Bob Smith of Garr Consulting will lead a panel discussion on the topic featuring Jack Hawn of Zenith, Ed Massood of Thomasville Home Furnishings and others.
To register online and take advantage of an early bird registration fee of $99 - good until May 16 - go online to www.FurnitureTodayOnline.com/Conferences.
After May 16, the standard registration rate of $189 will apply.
For more information contact Heather Grant at the newspaper at (336) 605-1061 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...