Sleep Number launches new bed at CES show
January 4, 2017,
LAS VEGAS - Sleep Number is introducing its Sleep Number 360 smart bed at the big CES show here. Yes, it includes an automatic foot warmer.
That high-tech setting is appropriate for what the company is calling one of the most significant innovations in its 30-year history. Powered by SleepIQ technology, the latest in biometric sleep tracking, the Sleep Number 360 smart bed intuitively senses and automatically adjusts comfort to keep both partners sleeping soundly all night, officials said.
The Sleep Number 360 smart bed was named the CES Innovation Awards’ “Best of Innovation” honoree in the Home Appliances category, an award given to only the highest-rated product or technology in the category. The Sleep Number 360 smart bed also was named an honoree in both the Smart Home category and Embedded Technologies category. The annual CES Innovation Awards celebrate outstanding product design and engineering in brand-new consumer technology products, the company said.
New features of the Sleep Number 360 smart mattress and adjustable base include:
- Self-adjusting comfort throughout the night. As sleep positions change during the night, each partner can sleep comfortably. ResponsiveAir technology adjusts the bed’s comfort in real time via the two air chambers inside the mattress – gently contouring to each partner’s side, back or stomach profiles, officials said.
- Automatic snore detection and adjustment. Sensing SleepIQ biometrics, the adjustable base automatically adjusts to each sleeper’s ideal position throughout the night. For example, if someone is snoring on their back, the base automatically raises the snorers’ head seven degrees to help temporarily relieve the symptoms of common, mild snoring in otherwise healthy adults, the company said.
- Foot-warming to fall asleep faster. Research shows that people fall asleep faster when their feet are warmed. Through SleepIQ technology, the Sleep Number 360 smart bed knows a sleepers’ bedtime routine and warms the foot of the bed automatically with Rapid Sleep Onset technology, officials said.
- A smart alarm feature that awakens at the optimal moment. The newest advancement of SleepIQ technology understands a sleeper’s bedtime routine, and knows when they would like to wake up. For example, an alarm will sound when they are in their lightest stage of sleep during their desired wake-up time window, the company said.
Sleep Number will phase in the new beds and bases in all Sleep Number stores and online beginning in the first half of 2017. The Sleep Number 360 smart beds and bases will be priced similar to Sleep Number’s current mattresses and adjustable bases, the company said.
Most Viewed Articles
Related Content By Author
Parting thoughts on High Point Market
RSA Insights & Intelligence
RSA Insights & Intelligence gives you, the retail sales associates, critical intelligence and insights. We make it easier for you to sell by providing actionable tips and key takeaways you can and should use for every sale. Check out our latest two articles:
* How to use an implied close
* The low cost of mattresses