China's International Famous Furniture Fair to host design forum Sept. 7
IDSA, CDI Lifestyle Co. are collaborating on event
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, August 29, 2011
HOUJIE, China — Dongguan Famous Furniture Assn. and Hong Kong Furniture Assn., organizers of the upcoming 26th International Famous Furniture Fair here, have announced that the show will also host an International Famous Furniture Design Forum in collaboration with Industrial Designers Society of America and CDI Lifestyle Co.
The full-day seminar, scheduled for Sept. 7, will feature a panel including branding expert Gregory Vargo and furniture designers Brooke Davis, Dario Antonioni, Scott Mason and Douglas Fanning, all IDSA members.
"Over the years, China has become the biggest furniture manufacturer in the world," said Chenzhi Yin, president of Dongguan Famous Furniture Assn. "To keep the growth sustainable, the raising of design awareness and the nursing of design talents are very essential. By working with IDSA, we are hoping to create a link for Chinese manufacturers to learn and work with the large pool of design talents under the umbrella of IDSA."
U.S.-based CDI is an importer of home furnishing goods and a service provider to high-end interior design projects in both residential and commercial sectors. The company says it hopes to foster the development of high design products in China with the International Famous Furniture Design Forum.
"CDI has a deep root in China, and we always would like to create ways for Chinese manufacturers to offer higher quality products to international market," said KoKo-Shen Li, creative director at CDI and curator of the Design Forum. "I share the sentiments of Mr. Yin that design is key to transfer ‘made in China' to ‘create in China' and that is why I am very excited to see the Forum is happening."
All speakers at the forum were selected from IDSA's over 1,300 members. Some of the presentations will include Brooke Davis on employing new technology for luxury design; Gregory Vargo on how to build a successful brand; Dario Antonioni on how Chinese manufactures can work with international designers; Scott Mason on design and production process for contract furniture business in the U.S.; and Douglas Fanning on custom and luxury furniture design in relation to architectural design.
For more information, visit www.3f.net.cn.
- Jul 26, 2013
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...