Progressive Business Media forms NEXT Advisory Council to give attendees voice
June 5, 2017,
WASHINGTON – Progressive Business Media (PBM) has formed an Advisory Council in support of its annual NEXT Conference to provide industry stakeholders with a voice in the direction of the event.
The NEXT Conference, set for Sept. 25-27 at the Washington Nationals Park in Washington D.C., will explore the future of retail and bring together forward-thinking leaders to create and share ideas that will help shape the future of home furnishings.
"The advisory council for NEXT will guide the conversation on the future of home furnishings, and I'm excited to work with such a talented, forward-thinking group," said Matthew Slaine, CEO, PBM.
The council will work directly with Slaine and Dean Horowitz, president of PBM, to execute its role of developing and enhancing the content experience. “It’s important that the conference addresses real problems retailers are facing in their stores, on their websites and in their companies,” said Slaine.
The members of the council were selected through referrals and peer selection, a process that ensured the group was made up of engaged early adopters and emerging industry leaders.
The council will meet digitally via email as well as through conference calls. All of the members have committed to attending the conference and will assemble at the conference site in September before it officially begins.
Those interested in participating in the council should look for Slaine or Horowitz at the NEXT Conference and let them know you’re interested.
“This is an evolving program, and we are open to adding whoever can help positively evolve the program experience,” said Horowitz. “Creating the most valuable conference for the NEXT leaders and early adopters is the focus of this board and this entire event. This group’s efforts will positively impact the entire retail experience moving forward.”
To register for the 2017 NEXT Conference, and for early bird registration through June 15, please visit Pbmnext.com.
NEXT Advisory Council members:
• Jordan Barrick, Quality Furniture
• Nick Daniels, Furniture Fair
• Hunter Davis, Davis Furniture
• Ryan Fitzpatrick, Wayfair
• Seth Goldberg, Raymour & Flanigan
• Joey Gunn, Knight Furniture
• Matt Huber, Belfort Furniture
• Kyle Johanson, HOM Furniture
• Ryan Levitz, Ashley HomeStore
• Cassandra Novosel, Stoney Creek Furniture
• Mark Olson, Progressive Leasing
• Alex Rubin, Bernie & Phyl's Furniture
• Aaron Ruby, Ruby Gordon Furniture
• Emily Severson, FurnitureDealer.net
• Cole Sianko, Ashley Furniture Industries
• Jordan Storey, Wichita Furniture
• Becca Sudbeck, Nebraska Furniture Mart
• Donnie Surdoval, STORIS
• Rachel Tronstein, Gardner-White Furniture
• Jocelyn Wolf, Wolf Furniture
Most Viewed Articles
Related Content By Author
E-commerce bedding update
RSA Insights & Intelligence
RSA Insights & Intelligence gives you, the retail sales associates, critical intelligence and insights. We make it easier for you to sell by providing actionable tips and key takeaways you can and should use for every sale. Check out our latest two articles:
* One tip that will get customers to leave reviews
* Why buying online is harder than consumers think
Furniture Factory 4.0
If you missed our recent webcast with Lectra on what the furniture factory of the future will look like, then you can click here to watch the recorded version. Topics include what trends and challenges are affecting furniture factories in the US & Worldwide and how these challenges are changing furniture production.