Orian Rugs opens Canadian distribution facility in Ontario
Also hires Brandon Culpepper as VP of sales and business development
Alex Lemonde-Gray -- Furniture Today, October 13, 2011
ANDERSON, S.C. — Orian Rugs, a vertically integrated area and scatter rug manufacturer based here, has opened a 5,000-square-foot distribution facility in Brantford, Ontario, and also has hired Brandon Culpepper as vice president of sales and business development.
Orian, whose U.S. distribution facility is located here, said it opened the Ontario center to provide enhanced service and delivery to its Canadian customers.
"This new distribution facility supports more growth for our business in Canada and builds on our already strong logistics foundation," said Pat O'Farrell, the company's Canadian sales manager. The company said it expects to double the new facility's square footage to 10,000 square feet by the end of 2012.
"The location of our distribution facility will allow us to provide our customers with the fastest delivery times possible since the product will be made, shipped and sold all within North America," said Wim De Pape, Orian's chief operating officer. "Our new warehouse enhances our cost-efficient logistics structure, positioning us to handle the increase in volume we are seeing from our strong Canadian customer base."
Orian's Canadian office in Cambridge, Ontario, will relocate to the new distribution facility at 195 Savannah Dr. in Brantford sometime over the next several months, according to a company representative.
The company also announced its hiring of Culpepper to the new position of vice presient of sales and business development.
"Brandon will thrive in this new position," De Pape said. "His industry knowledge, relationships and expertise will play a vital role in the future growth and development of our company."
Culpepper has more than 15 years of sales management experience in the floor covering industry. Prior to joining Orian, Culpepper worked as national sales manager, directing 20 sales representatives for Kas Oriental Rugs. He also worked at Dalyn Rug Co. as regional vice president.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...