Lectra leather event shows capabilities beyond cutting
July 13, 2017,
Lectra's event was the lead-in for the first annual Home Furnishings Manufacturing Solutions Expo in Atlanta last month.
The event, entitled “Enhance, Optimize & Save,” gave participants the opportunity to learn about innovations in the leather industry, future trends and ways to improve their leather production processes.
Some of the industry’s top speakers and thought leaders shared their knowledge and experiences with event participants.
- Limuel Sagadraca, Lectra North America’s vice president of professional services, presented research into the four megatrends affecting the furniture industry.
- From Moore & Giles Leather Tannery, Whitney Tinsley, director of education, presented trends affecting the future of semi-aniline and aniline leather and the impact they will have on processing, pricing and sourcing.
- Bastien Carel, process and methods senior manager, Dassault Falcon Jet, spoke about his company’s aniline leather challenges and how Lectra’s technological solutions have helped the firm improve and enhance production.
- Emmanuel Bontemps, Lectra North America senior leather expert, demonstrated how leather costing and simulations help companies effectively plan product roll-out, improve hide yield, and better anticipate leather costs.
- Chris Young, director of furniture sales, Lectra North America, David Fowkes and Mark Luthmann, account managers at Lectra North America, walked through a return on investment model for new production software and hardware. This model helps manufacturers understand what their ROI will be using new production technologies and how to achieve greater efficiencies.
- Ketty Le Henaff-Pillet, Lectra furniture marketing director, shared global case studies on operational excellence.
Attended by leading upholstery professionals across the industry, the program served as a lead-in to the inaugural Home Furnishings Manufacturing Solutions Expo held in Atlanta.
Most Viewed Articles
Related Content By Author
Innovation is key as summer hits its stride
Furniture Retail Solutions
Over the past year, our editorial team has been on the road, studying retail – what's working and what challenges even the most established retailers face. Born from these studies is Furniture Retail Solutions – a multi-part series addressing common problems retailers face. Read our first two articles:
RSA Insights & Intelligence
RSA Insights & Intelligence gives you, the retail sales associates, critical intelligence and insights. We make it easier for you to sell by providing actionable tips and key takeaways you can and should use for every sale. Check out our first two articles:
* Veteran sales trainer Bob Muenkel talks about the power of asking
* 3 lines of defense for brick-and-mortar stores
Steve Lowsky, President/CEO of Middle Market Strategies on what makes a company great now