HP Style Spotters to post favorite products, trends
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, November 4, 2011
HIGH POINT - The Style Spotters will be on the lookout for their favorite products and trends at the High Point Market and will post them online, according to the High Point Market Authority.
Market officials recruited an informal group of home fashion trendsetters to showcase what they see and like during the fall market, Oct. 22-27. They'll post on Pinterest, a website that lets users organize and share photos on "virtual pinboards."
The Style Spotters, made up of bloggers and interior designers, will photograph their favorite finds as they walk the market, then post the photos to Pinterest along with the exhibitor's name and showroom number. The trendsetters also will present the exhibitor with a sign that highlights the Style Spotter's name and a QR code and URL for the Pinterest board.
Style Spotters for the fall market include Meg Biram, Mimi + Meg; Jennifer Brouwer, Jennifer Brouwer Design; Heather Clawson, Habitually Chic; Juliann Covino, Create Girl; Tobi Fairley, Tobi Fairley Interior Design; Lisa Ferguson, Decor Mentor; Wanda Horton, Interior Concepts by Wanda, and Elaine Williamson, Elaine Williamson Designs.
Marketgoers can vote on the best pinboards and products by generating "likes" or by re-pinning photos to their own Pinterest boards. At the end of market, the most popular pinboard will win the posting Style Spotter a free trip to the April High Point Market.
Market attendees can also pin their own favorite products and trends to a live-streaming pinboard using the market's Twitter hashtag, #hpmkt. More information is at www.highpointmarket.org/stylespotters.
To view the High Point Market pinboards during market, go to pinterest.com/HighPoint-Market.
An RSS feed for the market Pinterest board is feed://pinterest.com/HighPointMarket/feed.rss.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...