WithIt, Palliser helping connections in Vegas
August 1, 2017,
Lorri Kelley, left, of BDI; CAmy Van Dorp, WithIt; Cameron Cook-Sellers, Palliser; and Kayla Wallace, WithIt.
From the Pinnacle Seating portion of the Palliser showroom, Lori Kelley, president of BDI and WithIt’s vice president of education, kicked off the gathering of new, existing and prospective WithIt members with a brief talk on the importance of making mutually beneficial connections.
- Network with a purpose, meaning have in mind what you are looking for from that connection and what you bring to it.
- Be yourself when introducing yourself and having that initial conversation.
- Engage the other person by asking questions and listening to see how you both be of value to each other.
- Be a resource for others. If you think of a way you can help or if someone asks, help how you can with information or connecting them with someone who can help them.
- Follow up and deliver on your word. If you said you would do something to help them, take the time to follow through with it. Lack of follow through will cause you lose that connection point.
- Exchange business cards at the end of the interaction because it’s less distracting. Make notes on the business card to help you remember something about that person.
- Consider any cultural differences when you are working and traveling internationally.
Following the two-hour networking event, participants had the option of taking a bus tour to the Seven Magic Mountains, a large-scale site-specific public art installation by internationally renowned Swiss artist Ugo Rondinone, located near Jean Dry Lake just south of Las Vegas.
Most Viewed Articles
Related Content By Author
From the desks of Furniture Today's editors ...
RSA Insights & Intelligence
RSA Insights & Intelligence gives you, the retail sales associates, critical intelligence and insights. We make it easier for you to sell by providing actionable tips and key takeaways you can and should use for every sale. Check out our latest two articles:
* One tip that will get customers to leave reviews
* Why buying online is harder than consumers think
Furniture Factory 4.0
If you missed our recent webcast with Lectra on what the furniture factory of the future will look like, then you can click here to watch the recorded version. Topics include what trends and challenges are affecting furniture factories in the US & Worldwide and how these challenges are changing furniture production.