La-Z-Boy honors top sales representatives in market ceremony
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, December 1, 2011
MONROE, Mich. — La-Z-Boy inducted 11 members into its Summit Club, an honor for its top sales representatives, and recognized four reps with separate awards at a ceremony during the October High Point Market.
The 2011 Patrick H. Norton Award for Sales Excellence, named after the late La-Z-Boy chairman and industry icon, was presented to Allen Ziegler, Frank Evanoff and David Patterson, who have a sales partnership in Michigan, northwest Ohio and northern Indiana.
Ziegler has been a sales rep for La-Z-Boy since 1978 and is a six-time Summit Club honoree. Evanoff, who has been a sales rep for La-Z-Boy since 2003, is a two-time Summit Club inductee. Patterson, also a two-time winner, has been with the company since 2006.
In addition, Mike Beagle, a sales rep in western Pennsylvania, received the Rookie of the Year distinction.
Sales reps inducted into the Summit Club for their outstanding achievement in sales were:
• Harold Boles, Minnesota. Boles has been with the company for 33 years and has received two Summit Club recognitions.
• Cheryl Solomon and Richard Cali, upstate New York. Solomon and Cali received the overall award in 2009. Solomon has been with La-Z-Boy for 14 years and Cali 11 years.
• Kurt Zizzi, Oklahoma. He has been a sales rep for La-Z-Boy for 15 years.
• Jeff Jardine, Iowa. Jardine has been with La-Z-Boy for 23 years and this is his fourth year in the Summit Club.
• Scott Thomas, Nebraska. He joined La-Z-Boy in 1995.
• Scott Mageland and Rob Cebula, Wisconsin. Mageland has been with the company since 1998 and Cebula has been with La-Z-Boy since 2004. This is Cebula's second Summit Club award.
• Neil McGill, British Columbia. McGill has been a sales representative for La-Z-Boy since 1993 and is a four-time inductee.
• Jim Spinks and Scottie Johns, Georgia. Spinks and Johns received the overall award in 2007. Additionally, Spinks was the overall winner in 1991. Spinks has been a sales representative for La-Z-Boy since 1978 and Johns has been with the company since 2004.
"Summit Club inductees demonstrated outstanding performance last year and represent the best sales talent in the industry," said Jim Reilly, vice president of sales for La-Z-Boy. "We are honored to have a dedicated team of sales representatives whose commitment to the La-Z-Boy brand, customer satisfaction and our retail partners is a great source of pride within the company."