Carolina Mattress Guild hires two former IB sales execs
David Perry -- Furniture Today, January 3, 2012
THOMASVILLE, N.C. — Carolina Mattress Guild has added two bedding veterans to its sales team.
J.R. Raab has been named national accounts manager, a new position, and Gerry Newman has been named account manager. Both were formerly with International Bedding.
Raab was senior vice president of national accounts with IB and previously spent 18 years with Sealy, where he was senior key account manager. He will be responsible for business development for national accounts in the Northeast region.
Newman is a 25-year industry veteran who was recently senior account manager and Northeast vice president of sales at International Bedding. Before that he worked for Simmons as well as Macy's corporate buying division. He will lead the company's efforts to market its brand in the Northeast.
Both men report to Tom Rehwinkel, national sales manager.
"The expansion of our sales executive team further strengthens our ability to meet the needs of our customers and continue to expand our national growth plans," said Neal Grigg, president of Carolina Mattress Guild. "This is a tremendous opportunity for CMG. Both men have a great reputation and their overall expertise further positions us for the future."
Carolina Mattress Guild is a full-line bedding manufacturer with plants in Thomasville, N.C., and Orlando, Fla.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...