WithIt announces 2012 board, including new social media VP
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, January 12, 2012
GREENSBORO, N.C. — WithIt, the women's leadership network serving the home and furnishings industries, is kicking off an anniversary year by naming its 2012 Board of Directors.
Julia Rosien, chief idea officer of Canada's SocialNorth.com, takes the helm as the first home furnishings executive based outside the United States to serve as WithIt president. Seven others also are new to the nonprofit's board.
"This year, our 15th anniversary, we're focused on connecting the communities of our members, both online and offline, industry-wide, locally and nationally," Rosien said. "By increasing our online visibility, WithIt will grow as an organization and we will support all our members."
She has created a new position for the board, vice president of social media, and is creating a series of leadership-focused videos to promote the benefits of WithIt membership. Additional highlights for the year will include a leadership training workshop and a fundraising gala.
The WithIt board is made up of an executive committee, vice presidents who lead committees, vice presidents who represent industry niches, and vice presidents who represent geographic regions. Serving in 2012 in addition to Rosien are:
• Chairman, board of governors, Stephanie Lowder, president and creative director, Rare Bird Creative
• Chairman, Mary Leigh Howell, president, Howell Communications
• Secretary, Cindy Williams, vice president client services, Info Retail
• Treasurer, Peg Whitehurst, vice president finance, Norwalk Furniture
Vice presidents and committee chairs are:
• Marketing, Amanda Williams, public relations account supervisor, Wray Ward
• Media, Julie Smith Vincenti, chief content officer and manager, Nine Muses Media
• Mentoring, Lorri Kelley, vice president of sales, Palliser
• Education, Pat Bowling, vice president of communications, American Home Furnishings Alliance
• Networking, Margi Kyle, owner and interior designer, The Designing Doctor
• Membership, Kim Grubb, account executive, Wright of Thomasville
• Social media, Dana Helms, client service account manager, MicroD
• Scholarship, Violette Forman, general manager, Havertys Furniture
Vice president at large officers, serving as representatives of industry niches, are:
• Case goods/upholstery, Carol Gregg, owner and chief designer, Red Egg
• Student outreach, Amy Schmidt, vice president of merchandising communications, FurnitureDealer.net
• Supplier/design, Libby Langdon, president, Libby Interiors Inc.
• Retail, Shelley Parlin, chief operating officer, Profitsystems
Regional vice presidents are tasked with building membership and developing events in their regions. The 2012 officers are:
• Florida, Alexia Rouquette, director of marketing and public relations, Twin-Star International/Classic Flame
• Virginias/Carolinas, Trisha Kemerly, president, WhipSmart Creative
• Chicago/Midwest, Annie Balonick, vice president of market development, LPK International
• International, Donna Bartlett, president, ViewIt Technologies
• Dallas/Southwest, Cameron Cook, public relations manager, Four Hands
• New York metro/Northeast, Jana Platina Phipps, owner, Home Couture Collective/Classical Elements
• Las Vegas/West, Kassie Smith, interior designer and project development consultant, Kassie Smith Lifestyle Group
Sara Lyke remains WithIt's executive director and Amy VanDorp is membership/media manager.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...