TCHFM pop-up vignettes featured at Toronto's National Home Show
Michael J. Knell -- Furniture Today, March 16, 2012
TORONTO — The pop-up vignettes created for this year's Canadian Home Furnishings Market will make their final appearance at the National Home Show before they're sold off in aid of Food Banks Canada.
Canada's largest consumer show for the home opens for its annual nine-day run here this weekend.
Created by television personality Janette Ewen using product found at this year's TCHFM, the 12 vignettes illustrate what she sees as the emerging home furnishings and décor trends consumers will see in stores this year.
Among the 25 or so TCHFM exhibitors contributing to the project were NCA Design, Springwater Woodcraft, Italdivani, Worldwide Homefurnishings, Viebois, Continental Furniture, Pink & Brown, Zuo Modern Canada, Whittington Furniture and Turquoise Palace.
The National Home Show (www.nationalhomeshow.com) will run March 16-25 at Direct Energy Centre. The vignettes are on display in space 5900.
On the event's closing day, Ewen will host a sale in support of Food Banks Canada beginning at 2 p.m. to sell all of the furniture and accessories, which have a total estimated retail value of C$20,000.
Joanne Dalpé, director of marketing for the Quebec Furniture Manufacturers Assn., the owner and organizer of the Canadian Home Furnishings Market, said each vignette participant was asked about donating their product to be auctioned off at the home show.
"The response was overwhelmingly positive," she said. "The exhibitors loved the idea and were more than happy to help a worthy cause. Our team was touched by their generosity. We are very grateful to them for their openness and generosity."
The project came about at Ewen's suggestion, Dalpé said.
She added that the home show "is a great opportunity for the market and its exhibitors. Even though this is a trade event, it's where the latest trends and collections are unveiled for the coming year. Our market has an important role in the home furnishings industry and consumers love getting a ‘sneak peek' at upcoming trends and products. We are excited to provide this to them."
The pop-up vignettes will return to the 2013 TCHFM.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...