WithIt announces High Point Market events
Consumer purchasing panel, social media sharing tools and new networking event
Casual Living Staff -- Furniture Today, April 6, 2012
GREENSBORO, N.C. — Consumers have emerged from challenging economic times with new values, as well as empowering tools to express their wants, aspirations and preferences. WithIt's spring High Point Market programming will deliver insights about the post-Great Recession home furnishings consumer and her new values.
WithIt's semi-annual Education Breakfast will be an engaging panel discussion that examines the American lifestyle landscape. It's set for Sunday, April 22, at 7:30 a.m. in the IHFC Green Wing, 11th Floor, International Ballroom A.
Syndicated writer Elaine Markoutsas, designer and blogger Jason Oliver Nixon and Traditional Home Senior Style Editor Krissa Rossbund will be panelists; former WithIt President Kathy Wall, The Media Matters, will moderate. The panelists will share the next big things for 2012, and how these cultural shifts may influence home and furnishings businesses this year and beyond.
Meanwhile, Pinterest, the latest social sharing tool, is quickly becoming a preferred platform among interior designers and home enthusiasts. In January, the site achieved 11.7 million unique monthly U.S. visitors, according to comScore.
So, what is the real power of a pin? IMRE and WithIt will examine how designers, media and brands are using Pinterest to build culture and collaboration in the home design space. IMRE's Vice President of Social Marketing Crystalyn Stuart will provide insight about how brands can integrate Pinterest as part of a larger "social discovery" strategy. A panel of industry experts will share their Pinterest perspective and discuss how the platform is influencing the design industry.
"Competitive Intelligence: The Power of Pinterest" will be held from 6:30-8:30 p.m. on Monday, April 23, at Natuzzi Americas Theatre, 130 W. Commerce Ave., High Point, NC.
"WithIt's goals for 2012 include increasing the organization's visibility and engagement via social media channels," said WithIt 2012 President Julia Rosien, SocialNorth.com. "Featuring a speaker well-versed in Pinterest during our Competitive Intelligence segment will help our membership learn the strategies, tactics and skills needed to move forward together as a group."
WithIt members are invited to meet Rosien at a new WithIt High Point Market event, Drinks with the Prez. The informal networking event will be held Friday, April 20, from 6-7:30 p.m. in the Seasonal Living showroom, IHFC Innerhall, space 306.
Both the Educational Breakfast and Competitive Intelligence are free of charge, however space at each event is limited. To register for the Educational Breakfast, email Holly Allred at email@example.com. To register for Competitive Intelligence, email Sarah Findle at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, visit www.withit.org.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...