SleepBetter.org's new Zzzz Score test rates sleep
David Perry -- Furniture Today, April 26, 2012
RICHMOND, Va. — Aiming to help consumers sleep easier, SleepBetter.org, the sleep tips and information website for Carpenter Co., has launched a redesigned and interactive Zzzz Score test.
The online tool has been designed to quickly score visitors' sleep on a scale from 0 to 10 (0.0 to 0.9 is a G.A.S.P. — Get a Sleep Physician and 9.0 to 10 is a Sleep Star) and provide them with information about how to make improvements to sleep better, including tips and information from Dr. Lisa Shives, Sleepbetter's "Sleep M.D."
Rather than induce sleep immediately with the typical online test, the new Zzzz Score is designed to entertain visitors as it informs with sleep tips and information, according to officials at Carpenter, a manufacturer of comfort cushioning products.
The launch page shows current aggregated Zzzz Score stats (the average Zzzz Score is currently 5.6 and the top sleep disruptor is "anxiety and stress"). Visitors are asked to select from one of four "Dream Guides" who help them through the quiz. The inaugural guides include SleepBetter's "Paranormal Pillow" characters, Old Pillow and his side-kick Mattress Topper, as well as Abraham Lincoln (an insomniac) and the 8-Bit Sandman.
"The new Zzzz Score is a fun, interactive tool from SleepBetter.org that helps visitors understand how well, or how poorly, they sleep and then encourages them to take immediate steps to sleep better," said Dan Schecter, senior vice president of consumer products at Carpenter Co. "SleepBetter and Carpenter Co. are committed to a sustained multi-year effort to encourage Americans to get a better night's sleep, and the Zzzz Score is a powerful tool to accomplish that like no other in the industry."
The Zzzz Score is being launched with the Zzzz Score Getaway contest, which offers an all-expense-paid trip to Chicago that includes a sleep consultation with Dr. Shives. The Zzzz Score can be launched from SleepBetter.org and from SleepBetter's Facebook page.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...