Mattress Firm completes Giant acquisition
Larry Thomas -- Furniture Today, May 3, 2012
HOUSTON — Mattress Firm has completed its acquisition of fellow Top 100 retailer Mattress Giant, adding approximately 180 stores in seven markets in Florida and Texas.
The deal, valued at about $47 million, makes Mattress Firm the nation's largest specialty bedding retailer with more than 1,000 company-owned and franchised stores.
Mattress Firm said it will soon begin converting the acquired stores to the Mattress Firm name and product offerings. Mattress Giant employees will be trained on the new owner's selling program and point-of-sale systems.
The deal effectively ends Mattress Giant's presence as a bedding retailer. The company once had more than 300 stores in a dozen states. Last year, it sold 55 stores to Mattress Firm and another 67 stores to Hicksville, N.Y.-based Sleepy's.
- Jul 17, 2012
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...