Dan Masters joins Furniture Brands as VP, business development
Thomas Russell -- Furniture Today, May 21, 2012
ST. LOUIS — Furniture Brands International has hired longtime industry executive Dan Masters as vice president of business development, a new position at the manufacturer and importer.
Masters most recently had been president of upper-end case goods resource Hekman Furniture since 2004. Earlier, he held management posts at Riverside Furniture, Flexsteel Inds., Jasper Cabinet and Richardson Bros.
At Furniture Brands, he reports to Chairman and CEO Ralph Scozzafava and will handle business development across all FBI brands, which include Broyhill, Lane, Thomasville, Drexel Heritage, Henredon, Pearson, Hickory Chair, Lane Venture and Maitland-Smith.
"Adding Dan Masters to our executive team will provide the focus and sales strategy essential for success with key accounts, across our brand portfolio," Scozzafava said in a statement. "He is a proven industry leader in driving high performance and results."
Scozzafava added that the move "augments our enterprise-wide focus on driving topline sales."
Masters, who has worked in the industry for 37 years, said he is excited about the new opportunity.
"This company is truly transitioned for success," Masters said in a statement. "I'm excited to join at a time where I can work with all of the brands to better serve our retail partners. The breadth of products across the Furniture Brands portfolio gives us the ability to identify and offer retailers the right quality, service and value."
Hekman officials were not immediately available for comment on who will replace Masters either on an interim or permanent basis.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...