Six college students win Celia Moh Scholarships for 2012-13
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, May 22, 2012
HIGH POINT — Six college students in courses related to home furnishings have been selected to receive the Celia Moh Scholarship for the 2012-13 academic year.
This year's recipients are Megan Barrett, Jessica Rose and Danielle Souder, attending North Carolina State University; William Lyon, High Point University; Evan Fay, Kendall College of Art and Design; and Taylor Webb, a student at Mississippi State University.
Celia Moh Scholarships pay full-time tuition and fees and cover room, board and books for the recipients. The scholarship also hosts an annual networking and resource-building trip to the High Point Market, provides informal internship and career guidance for its scholars, and offers an active alumni network for former scholars now in the home furnishings industry.
The scholarship was established in 2001 by Laurence Moh, founder of Universal Furniture and Fine Furniture Design, to honor his wife, Celia. The scholarship program has managed a $3 million endowment investment and has provided 73 full scholarships during its 11 years.
Home furnishings program students from eight universities - Appalachian State University, Catawba Valley Community College, East Carolina University, High Point University, Kendall College of Art & Design, Mississippi State University, North Carolina State University and Virginia Tech - are eligible for the Celia Moh Scholarship.
Each university selects its respective scholarship candidates, who then must complete an application questionnaire, write a personal essay, obtain instructors' recommendations, and provide a college transcript illustrating exceptional academic achievement. A scholarship committee of industry executives selected the six recipients, who join three returning undergraduate students selected as Celia Moh Scholars last year.
For more information about the Celia Moh Scholarship program, visit www.mohscholarship.org.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...