Select Comfort hires marketing officer, promotes execs
Heath E. Combs -- Furniture Today, June 6, 2012
MINNEAPOLIS — Select Comfort announced several promotions and a new hire in executive positions it said will help support growth and long-term customer focus.
"We've built an experienced, consumer-centric senior leadership team dedicated to realizing our potential as both a brand and company for the benefit of customers, employees and shareholders," Shelly Ibach, president and CEO of the air bed manufacturer and retailer, said in a press release.
It said the new senior leadership team eliminates the chief operating officer role formerly held by Ibach, who succeeded Bill McLaughlin as president and CEO earlier this month.
Michael Bills will join the company as senior vice president and chief marketing officer.
Bills has two decades of experience developing integrated marketing strategies for global brands. He is currently executive director of the Innovation Initiative at the Fisher College of Business at Ohio State University.
Andy Carlin was promoted from vice president to senior vice president and chief sales officer and will continue to oversee all sales channels and real estate. Carlin joined the company in 2008.
Annie Bloomquist was promoted from vice president to senior vice president and chief product officer. In her expanded role, she will lead product innovation including product management, research and development for all Sleep Number products.
Kathy Roedel, who had been executive vice president and chief technology and services officer, is now executive vice president and chief services and fulfillment officer. She will manage services and post-purchase fulfillment; home delivery and logistics; sourcing and materials; manufacturing and quality.
Roedel and Hunter Saklad, vice president of consumer insights and strategy, will report to Ibach.
The moves represent "a broadened direct-report structure that more tightly aligns with the company's key strategic goals," a press release said.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...