AHFA seeks entries for Sage Awards for environmental leadership
Heath E. Combs -- Furniture Today, June 13, 2012
HIGH POINT — The American Home Furnishings Alliance is accepting entries for its fifth annual Sage Award recognizing environmental leadership in home furnishings and bedding.
Entries are sought from companies that have not only reduced their operations' environmental impact, but are continuing to improve their efforts, a press release said.
Companies need not be members of AHFA to enter.
The 2012 winner and two finalists will be announced during the fall High Point Market. They will be honored at the AHFA's 2013 Sustainability Summit Feb. 20-21 in Raleigh, N.C.
They will receive complimentary registrations to the summit, where they can share their challenges and accomplishments in sustainability efforts.
The winner be featured in a spotlight video that captures its efforts to balance people, planet and profits, a press release said.
Entrants must complete a detailed questionnaire explaining their sustainable businesses practices and accomplishments and provide specific examples of corporate social responsibility. The application also requests information demonstrating their financially security.
Entry is open to all manufacturers, retailers and suppliers to the home furnishings and bedding industries.
The 2012 entry form can be found at www.SageAward.org. Entry is free and forms are submitted electronically. Entries must be received by Aug. 31.
"The Sage Award provides an excellent opportunity for companies to receive well-deserved recognition for successful environmental initiatives," said Pat Bowling, vice president of communications for AHFA. "It takes commitment, involvement, enthusiasm and persistence at every level, and winning the Sage Award is a great way for your entire workforce to be acknowledged for their efforts."
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...