Carpenter Co. packs features into redesigned SleepBetter.org website
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, June 18, 2012
RICHMOND, Va. — Cushioning products supplier Carpenter Co. has redesigned its SleepBetter.org website, which features all of the company's consumer education programs and tools.
Created by Dan Schecter, Carpenter's senior vice president of consumer products, in 2007, SleepBetter is both a brand and a tool to educate consumers on the importance of sleep, the company said.
"SleepBetter.org's new look is fantastic and underneath that appealing design, there are powerful features built into the code," said Schecter. "The new site includes intuitive site navigation, social sharing tools and improved SEO design. SleepBetter.org is the center of Carpenter Co.'s ongoing efforts to encourage Americans to focus on sleep issues."
Carpenter said it spent the last year improving the site.
"We redesigned the Sweet Dreams eNewsletter and the Zzzz Score, we announced our new Sleep M.D., generated the explosive growth of our Facebook fans (currently 160,000 fans), and the new website now integrates them all seamlessly," Schecter said.
SleepBetter.org's new features include:
• A prominent, interactive "Dr. Lisa Shives, the Sleep M.D." section.
• A media room for journalists to quickly get information, images and quotes from SleepBetter.
• A social media hover bar that keeps all SleepBetter social media sites accessible and in a fixed location at the top left of the site on all content pages.
• Zzzz Score integration. The new Zzzz Score, which shows how a consumer fared on a better sleep quiz, is the prominent "app" on the site.
• Flyout navigation tabs aid site navigation without the visitor leaving the front page.
• "Bread crumb" navigation. When going deeper into the site users no longer need to rely on their "back" button to navigate to previous content. Rather, the headline shows visitors what their navigation trail is and it can be clicked to back up or slide over to other sections
• Social media feeds incorporated in many sections of the site, giving content from Facebook and Twitter more visibility.
• A prominent call out box on the home page that highlights the most recent article posts.
• Increased searchability for users who are seeking information on a specific topic.
"SleepBetter.org's new features are part of Carpenter Co.'s culture of continuous improvement in everything we do," Schecter said. "We are always looking ahead for ways to leverage today's technology to get America to Sleep Better - whether through new bedding technologies like IsoFresh, online applications like the Zzzz Score or by encouraging our Facebook fans to become sleep ambassadors, we are constantly innovating."
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...