High Point Market wins award for Style Spotters, use of Pinterest
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, June 21, 2012
HIGH POINT — The High Point Market has received the Excite Award for best use of social media from Expo Magazine for its Style Spotters program.
"We are thrilled to receive this recognition for the High Point Market and for the Style Spotters," said Cheminne Taylor-Smith, vice president of marketing at the High Point Market Authority. "The Style Spotters program, and our entire social media strategy, is in place to increase brand awareness, to build a community within the home furnishings world, to provide customer service and respond to feedback, and to quickly circulate information about the market."
Launched at the October 2011 market, Style Spotters features home fashion "trendsetters" showcasing their favorite products and top trends from market exhibitors on Pinterest. Spotters present featured exhibitors with signs highlighting the Style Spotter's name as well as a QR code and URL for the market Pinterest board.
Market attendees can participate by voting on Spotter-created pinboards and products, generating likes or re-pinning.
The Style Spotters program will return at this fall's market with a new roster of trendsetters, to be announced July 3. The market also promotes Style Spotters on its Facebook and Twitter pages. Information on the program is available at www.highpointmarket.org/stylespotters.
The High Point Market has also received recognition for the Style Spotters program's use of Pinterest from Blogworld, Hubspot, Social Media Today, Likable Media, eModeration and FrontLine.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...