New, expanded showrooms, events set for July Atlanta Rug Market
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, June 25, 2012
ATLANTA — Six new or expanded area rug showrooms will debut at the Atlanta International Area Rug Market, set for July 12-15 here in AmericasMart in conjunction with the Atlanta International Gift & Home Furnishings Market, July 11-18.
The Rug Collection opens as the sole new rug exhibitor at the July market in Building 1, Floor 3, space G14.
Expanded and relocated rug showrooms, all located in Building 1, include Azra Imports, floor 4, space G3; Banilivy Rug Corporation, floor 4, space G4; Liberty Oriental Rugs, floor 4, space C8; Anadol Rug Co., floor 3, spaces D11 and D22; and Jaipur Rugs, floor 3, C15.
"The Atlanta International Area Rug Market continues to remain a vital touch point for us to connect with many key customers," said Asha Chaudhary, president and CEO of Jaipur Rugs. "We are excited to debut our newly expanded space on the third floor of Building 1 for summer market. Doubling our current showroom allows us to better showcase our expanding rug line - as well as our pillow range and the other new categories we're moving into for 2013 and beyond."
The July market will also feature a number of giveaways, events and educational seminars on rugs.
Nourison will kick off market with a meet-and-greet and book signing with designer Barclay Butera, who has a licensed line with the company, at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, July 11, in the company's showroom in Building 1, floor 3, space F2. Early attendees will receive a copy of Butera's new book, "Living on the Coast!" Nourison will show its six new lines with Butera at market.
On Friday, July 13, from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., designer Laurie Hickson-Smith from TLC's "Trading Spaces" will present The Final Touch in Home Décor in Building 1, floor 4, space A1. Hickson-Smith will detail how she merges classical and contemporary style when designing a room starting with floor coverings.
Buyers can drop off a business card from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Building 1, floor 3, on Thursday, July 12, to enter a raffle for a Kindle Fire. At 2 p.m., buyers may enjoy a complimentary ice cream and watch the drawing. The raffle will be repeated from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Building 1, floor 4, on Friday, July 13, and in Building 1, Floor 5, on Saturday, July 14.
Oriental Rug Retailers of America offers five educational seminars and programming during market for everyone from category experts to those interested in buying rugs for the first time. They include:
• In the Dragons' Shadow: Dragon Rugs and the Legacy of their Patterns. Friday, July 13, 10-11 a.m., Building 1, floor 4, space B1. Presented by Paul Ramsey, CRA. A glimpse into the dragon rugs of Azerbaijan (the Caucasus and northwest Iran) and how they have been a source of inspiration for later rugs from this area.
• Knot To Be Missed IV. Friday, July 13, 1 p.m., Building 1, floor 4, space B1. Phil Menendian and a panel of rug appraisers discuss the ongoing efforts of ORRA to educate members about a specific group of rugs so they can pass the CRA exam. This is an area with which many test takers have had difficulty.
• Walk the Market with Phil. Friday, July 13, 3 p.m., Building 1, floor 4, space B1. Menendian gives a guided tour of select showrooms and highlights area rug innovations.
• ORRA Tips on Proper Rug Appraisal Techniques. Saturday, July 14, 12:30 p.m., Building 1, floor 4, space B1. Menendian will enumerate on the mechanics of an appraisal.
• ORRA Certified Rug Appraiser's Exam. Saturday, July 14, 1 p.m., Building 1, floor 4, space B1. Members will be tested on historical and technical knowledge of hand-knotted rugs.
- May 23, 2012
- Jun 12, 2012