IMC announces realigned marketing team
Also announces promotions, new hires
Furniture Today Staff -- Furniture Today, June 29, 2012
HIGH POINT — International Market Centers has outlined a new marketing structure that merges its High Point and Las Vegas marketing resources into an integrated corporate entity.
"The purpose of the realignment is to create a strong, innovative, and collaborative marketing team that can optimize opportunities and efficiencies across High Point and Las Vegas," said Scott Eckman, IMC's chief marketing office/chief strategy officer.
He added that the new structure will also provide direct services oriented to IMC's customers and its leasing teams.
Moving forward, IMC will have three groups in its marketing division:
• A strategic planning group will handle its primary home furnishings and gift and home décor channels.
• A marketing communications group will control marketing strategies and tactics and manage multimedia channels.
• A publication and sponsorship team will handle branding initiatives and other items such as events and banners.
Karen Olson, located in High Point, will work as the new vice president of marketing for home furnishings in both markets. Reporting to Eckman, her duties include creation of marketing strategies that drive occupancy and buyer attendance and that support furnishings tenants.
Carolyn Martin, formerly a brand manager at World Market Center, was promoted to marketing director for home furnishings, and will report to Olson.
IMC will appoint a vice president of marketing for gift and home, a newly created position, whom will report to Eckman.
Dana Andrew, based in Las Vegas, was named vice president of global marketing and communications in both markets. The newly formed global marketing and communications department, which Andrew oversees, functions as an in-house marketing agency for all IMC brands. In her new position, Andrew reports to Eckman and is responsible for marketing plans across IMC's entire home furnishings and décor platform.
Sarah Mount has been named director of content and interactive media, a new position. She reports to Andrew and will be responsible for leading development and distribution of content across all channels.
John Emerick has joined IMC as director of advertising, a new position. He reports to Eckman and will be responsible for sales, production of market publications and sponsorships. Emerick has worked as regional sales manager at Furniture/Today and publisher of CondeNast's InFurniture Magazine.
Four new positions have been also been announced in the marketing and communications department including database marketing manager, social media/public relations manager, project manager and graphic/web designer.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...