Kevin Seddon named president of Tupelo Furniture Market
Ray Allegrezza -- Furniture Today, July 6, 2012
TUPELO, Miss. — Kevin J. Seddon, an experienced executive in trade shows and other arenas, has been named president of the Tupelo Furniture Market, reporting to market CEO V.M. Cleveland.
Seddon will have oversight over all key aspects of the market, including sales and marketing, according to Cleveland.
"The timing could not have been better," Cleveland said. "Our venue is celebrating 25 successful years, the economy is showing signs of improvement, and there is a marked and growing interest in domestically made upholstery, which has been the heart of the Tupelo market since day one."
Prior to joining the Tupelo Furniture Market, Seddon held executive positions with companies that focused on publishing, trade show management, business trade management, software curriculum development and certifications, cloud-based website development, medical acoustics, infrared technology and energy, air quality and building inspection..
Seddon was CEO of Mississippi-based Oxford Publishing, a producer of hospitality industry trade magazines as well as one of the largest food and beverage trade shows in the world. During his tenure there, he increased the company's gross annual revenue from approximately $1 million to more than $10 million.
He is a board member for the University of Mississippi's Ed and Becky Meek School of Journalism, has also served as a local board member for United Way as well as an alternate board member for Sky Ranch Foundation.
"Clearly, Kevin not only has incredibly powerful credentials, but also has extensive experience in marketing and events, which makes him a perfect fit for our market, as we take both the Tupelo Furniture Market, and the market experience for both retailers and exhibitors to the next level," Cleveland said.
The title of president was last held by Bill Cleveland, who left the market a few years ago.
This summer's market runs Aug. 16-19.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...