Logistics veteran Don Palmer joins Northwest Furniture Xpress
Larry Thomas -- Furniture Today, July 13, 2012
MORGANTON, N.C. — Don Palmer, former CEO of Palmer Transport, has joined specialized furniture carrier Northwest Furniture Xpress as its California sales representative.
In his new post, Palmer will work with California-based furniture manufacturers and importers who ship products to the Pacific Northwest and Western Canada.
"We are very excited to welcome Don aboard," said Grant Laidlaw, vice president of sales. "Don's knowledge and detail-oriented style over the years have earned him the respect of customers and competitors alike."
"The timing couldn't be better for this addition, as we continue to experience strong growth and business development in this important service lane," Laidlaw added.
Palmer headed Palmer Transport until it merged with five other specialized furniture carriers in 2008 to form World Wide Logistics. He also was a member of World Wide's executive board.
Northwest Furniture Xpress transports furniture to Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Alberta and British Columbia. It has service centers in Morganton and Puyallup, Wash.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...